Thursday, June 2, 2011

Being a Disciple of Jesus Christ


What it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ:

· Chose to always follow Him. (Luke 10:38-42)

· Be an example of Him. (Luke 11:1-13)

· Teaching His ways. (Luke 11:1-13)

· Love others and be willing to give. (Luke 11:1-13)

· Need to be in tune with Heavenly Father’s will. (Luke 11:1-13)

· The Lord will provide the things for you, when you are doing His will and have faith in Him. (Luke 12:13-40; 23-24)

· Seek to do His will first. (Luke 12:13-40)

· Always be ready to Him to come. (Luke 12:13-40)

· Seek the kingdom of God before anything else. (Luke 12:13-40)


In what why could I be a better disciple of Christ and what difference would it make in my life.

One teaching that I can more fully apply is to be in tune with Heavenly Father’s will. I need to do better at being consistent in my personal morning prayers and my scripture study. I do really well for a week and then I loose focus. I know that when I am able to do these things at times it can be the difference between a really good day and a bad one. When I am able to spiritually create my days, I feel more prompted from the Spirit in all things and I need this the most. I need the daily guidance and I hope to be lead more fully by it.


Explain in writing what is ultimately required to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.

To be a disciple of Christ we need to be willing to sacrifice all for Him. We need to commit our entire self to His ways and strive to be like Him. Seek after Him through our actions and our prayers. We need to know what His words are and how they can be applied within our lives. Living in accordance to His will requires us to sacrifice some “worldly things” but to have the things that the Lord can give to us is greater then any treasure that you could have on earth. Being a disciple of Christ requires faith, love and charity and we must constantly be striving to do those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment